Number of Pupils and PE and Sports Premium Received
Total amount of PE and Sports Premium (2017-2018) £16,000 + £10 per pupil
Summary of PE and Sports Premium Spending
2017 – 2018
- To increase children’s levels of participation in physical activity both within and outside of school.
- To increase pupils’ participation in inter-school and intra-school competitions.
- To encourage children to take an active role in sports leadership.
- To develop pupils’ well-being and physical engagement during lunchtimes.
- To develop the sustainability of high quality P.E. teaching through a range of training opportunities for school staff.
- To implement the Young Ambassadors’ programme (in partnership with The Youth Sport Trust) for our gifted and talented pupils.
- To develop children’s skills in leading, managing and officiating in school sport.
- To increase teachers’ skills and confidence in the teaching of PE.
- To offer a wider range of extra-curricular sports clubs and activities.
- To ensure that every pupil participates in the ‘60 active minutes a day’ initiative.
- To work towards the School Games Mark (Silver Award) aiming to achieve this by December 2018.
To provide a specialist gymnastics coach to work alongside teachers in curriculum time (high quality provision for children and professional development for teachers)
To provide external sports coaches to lead lunchtime activities
To provide specialist sports coaches through local clubs and national governing bodies to support teachers during PE lessons (i.e. hockey coaching for Year 2 children)
Provide transport to enable children to take part in local sports competitions
New PE equipment £2000
To develop the leadership of PE and School Sport (CPD for subject leader)
Membership of Harrow School Sports Partnership (including organisation of competitions)
New Kit for sports competitions
Provision of fixed outdoor sports equipment
(To be completed in the Autumn Term 2018)